1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the story in three weeks explaining Luke Walton's dismissal due to him "losing the locker room."

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That Stephen A Smith called LeVar Ball a marketing wizard is all you need to know that Stephen is flat out a dumb and ignorant asshole. LwVar, like Stephen A, stirs shit. LeVar hasn’t sold anything but ESPN’s soul.

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

This would be pretty outrageous, if true. You’re Jeanie Buss and you hire Magic Johnson to run your basketball operations. Then, with the first draft pick of his tenure, No. 2 overall, you tell him who to draft? I’m not sure I buy that.

Would Magic, with his ego, let Jeanie make that decision? And wasn’t it Jeanie who gave her brother crap for making poor basket-related decisions instead of letting his GM do it?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Stephen A. is not exactly a rock solid source. We'll see if there's a response to this.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just saw tape of this on the WWL. Awesome trolling.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it's all a bit of revisionist history here - I don't recall there being much outcry about the Lakers taking Ball. Yes, some people didn't like it because of Levar, but it wasn't seen as a nutty pick, a la Anthony Bennett at #1.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Interesting trade. I think the Clippers are currently #8, but by their fingertips, so I can understand them trading Harris now. The best asset surrendered by the Sixers is actually the Heat pick - it is unprotected, 2021.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That is totally awesome. Right up there with some of the stuff the Cameron Crazies do.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think they keep their 1st round pick if they don't make the playoffs, but it goes to Boston if they do. More incentive to trade for the future as they weren't winning even one playoff round.

Draft saved Draft deleted