1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Coyotes are looking for somewhere to play but it's unlikely to be downtown. They'd have to tear out and rebuild a big chunk of the building. A quarter of the seats were obstructed view when the Coyotes played there before.

The Coyotes had a plan to build next to ASU in a partnership with the university and it died almost immediately. Their best hope is probably to team up with a tribe on the east side, much like the Diamondbacks' spring training facility. It's been really quiet lately.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Like I said - how many freaking arenas do they need in Phoenix? I realize the tourist tax pays for a lot of that stuff - spring training fields etc. But damn. There really is no point in building a new arena if you can't fill it for 80 percent of the year. Glendale is currently used maybe 100 days a year WITH hockey.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

There are many Warriors fans here. Surprised there was no discussion on the 20-point lost to the Raptors in Golden State on Wednesday night. Raptors did not even have Leonard. Raptors have won their two games against the Warriors this season and now have the best record in the NBA.

In addition, since I’m a wrestling fan, I thought that tweet was pretty funny.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah the Warriors didn’t appear to show up to what should have been a statement game.

SI jinx, I suppose.

Or they are treading water awaiting the arrival of Boogie Cousins.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, about that Phoenix-Washington-Memphis deal ...

EDIT for Woj tweet.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    sgreenwell likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

Cousins worked out a couple of times this week with the G-League team in Santa Cruz, but sounds like he may not play until February at the earliest.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This Suns trade story is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I've been riveted to the competing tweets all night. This is fabulous.

Hermes likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its December. The season starts in April. This is just preseason.

heyabbott and HanSenSE like this.
  9. HanSenSE

This one is making the rounds on social media. As it should.

Neutral Corner and heyabbott like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do over. Ariza for Oubre and Rivers. No 3rd team.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is up there with Deandre being held captive in his house.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Ws show a lack of effort and attention to detail in games like this and actually pretty much every game. Also, they are very thin with no Cousins right now, young guys like 1st rd pick Evans and Bell are not contributing. Disappointing but not really surprising when you know it’s all about playoffs. That’s what I admired about MJ so kuch, he was the consummate professional, always striving to be the best, every game every night.
    I’m going to enjoy this last run and then we’ll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted