1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Only in the NBA can it take 10 minutes to play the last 0.9 seconds. The rules are clear. Administer the fucking game.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Give Toronto credit for a great series. Acknowledge that Golden State wasn't at its best, but Toronto took Golden State's best punches and weathered them to win it. The basketball was fun to watch. Both teams moved the ball, they defended well overall, they just played really good, entertaining basketball (which I'm not used to as a Knicks fan).

I give Golden State a lot of credit for the way their last two losses ended. That team battled hard. They never looked like they were satisfied with past success.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So, no way Leonard turns down a max contract from Toronto, right? More money and a chance to repeat.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I don’t know NBA free agent rules, can Toronto offer him more than any other team? I assume yes.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

NBeh

Stoney and JC like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes. Toronto can offer 5 years, $190 million. Others can offer 4 years, $140 million.

Sea Bass likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

For example, Skip Bayless doesn't have pancreatic cancer.

heyabbott and Mr. Sluggo like this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

I find it deeply funny that Toronto just won an NBA title but the Maple Leafs haven't won the cup in my lifetime.

Cosmo, exmediahack and Tweener like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus I know I'm asking this about a Skip fucking Bayless tweet, but what the hell does that even mean?

12. PCLoadLetter

His schtick lately is hating Kawhi. Won't even say his name in tweets.

Draft saved Draft deleted