1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Old Draymond came back; complaining and doing everything but play poised championship basketball.

Curry’s failure to excel was a major cause but I point to Draymond because he knows he sets the tone and he failed to be a leader. Instead of busting his butt to overcome, he became whiny look at me Draymond. Cousins’ TO filled starts didn’t help either.

I give the Raptors credit for playing like a champ. Could have taken their whipping and gone home tied 2-2. Instead of waiting/letting Kawhi Dave then after an awful 1qtr the others stepped up and came though. Where Cook was missing wide open 3s, green and Siakam and VanVleet hit their shots.

Ws still have a shot, especially if KD comes back but it’s a slim one.

No wonder 3 pears are so rare.

Ok just read a review and I’m probably too hard on Draymond but he just was complaining so much that’s what I remember.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    HanSenSE likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Durant just left the game hobbling.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Toronto going Philly style with the KD injury. That was a choice.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That's a really disgusting showing from the Toronto crowd. Jesus.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Did y'all sleepwalk through that ALCS a few years back or something?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would say it was led by @John B. Foster but he’s probaly watching wrestling instead.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Oh Canada, really?

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

God the Warriors are imploding. Credit Toronto for out Warrioring the Warriors. Jesus.

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

It sucks that KD left the game hurt, but I hate the ridiculous narrative on Twitter that he rushed himself back only because he was pressured to do so. Please.

He may have felt some pressure, but he wouldn’t have played if he really couldn’t and star players want the opportunity to be the savior. It was a good try, and I hope he’ll be OK, but acting like he didn’t have a say in the matter is complete bullshit.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured unless there was a significant chance of causing permanent damage there's no way he would miss this game.

Would have been one hell of a long offseason for him if they lost and he never tried to come back. And I don't mean that he would take criticism -- I mean it would drive him nuts wondering if he would have made a difference.

HanSenSE and Tweener like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted