1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's cool to see a town and a player match up so well together. Toronto as a city has much to be proud of, but it never insists on itself, and neither does Leonard. (Now that he's left SA.)

Tweener likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, really upset. You’ve exposed me.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

After Kawhi was seen favouring his leg the last few games? What an asshole.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Have a good night.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Ya, clearly favoring after the stats he put up.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

PCLoadLetter clearly is history's greatest monster. I sentence him to death by catapult.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't know why I'm doing this, but...

Never said he was tired. He'd got an injured quad. He was slow and couldn't jump. If you watched that whole game and didn't notice that, I don't know what to tell you. Even Marv pointed it out in the 3rd and Marv can't tell the teams apart.

He played a largely perimeter game. The one time he was set up for a dunk he didn't even try to land on his feet -- he went straight into a soft roll to the floor to avoid putting a strain on that quad.

His rebounding stats were remarkable given that he wasn't really jumping for any of them. He got them almost exclusively through positioning and anticipation.

But hey, keep doing the fanboi flexing like anyone but you gave a shit about who won.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    JC and Stoney like this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. Deep analysis. God forbid a player play through an injury and do incredible things. It’s never happened before.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

You guys are both shits for bringing me into a dispute on the NBA board, in which I NEVER participate. (I'm only looking here as the playoffs are getting near the end because it dominates the news. A month ago, I wouldn't have even seen these posts.)

But since you did, I complained about bad NHL officiating. My complaints have been validated this postseason with blown calls influencing the outcome of games. I'm allowed to be a Corey Perry fan, the same way Bruins fans like Marchand and Flames fans like Matthew Tkachuk. I'm sure there are assholes in the NBA whose fans like them.

I retired from the news biz coming up to 5 years ago and became a Ducks fan to support my daughter, who loves hockey.
    Yet JC comes after me, but lets Cosmo and Moddy go unchallenged in their fandom of the Caps. TigerVols likes all things Tennessee. It's no secret which team Neutral Corner is enamored with. There are a lot of others.

I have not followed Foster's posts. I do follow JC to see who he is trying to piss off on a given night. He even pissed off his lone supporter -- Moddy -- by complaining about the Search function. I complain about incompetent NHL refs, JC complains about the Search function.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    HanSenSE likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can we just get the finals started so we can move pass the pissing match doldrums on this thread?

HanSenSE, qtlaw and sgreenwell like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Have we even covered the growing controversy in Canada, with its currency sharing the same name as one of the Warriors' top bench players?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@PCLoadLetter was obviously clueless when talking about Leonard being injured. Here's a quote from Serge Ibaka.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted