1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize the Warriors will only host two games during the final - hoping the Warriors sit the Canadian pop rapper about two or three rows behind E-40, Too Short and Raphael Saadiq.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Gianni’s is a great player and I’m rooting for him always but he’s so limited in half court against a good team, he had nothing to offer in last 4 mins, couldn’t even be a threat within 5 ft of rum.

I give Bud credit for taking Bledsoe out in 4th because he’s worst player in rotation on O. On other hand why is Lopez in in key inbound D? He’s slowest dude on either team. Why not adjust and put Lopez in corner in D? Instead it’s Lopez in pick n roll in Kawhi??? So bad.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread got....weird.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nah. Just one guy going full fanboi. Like it's a personal validation for him because his sportsball team won a game.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He knows a hell of a lot more than you. Between this and your bullshit about Tiger you really are an infant fanboy.

Stoney likes this.
  7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Lopez was good last night. He gave them a chance

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

So, I went last night.

I had a 620 am flight to Boston for Stanley Cup media day -- pickup at 430 and wasnt sure I'd get home in time, lol. A lot of civic frustration poured out afterwards.

It's hard not to be happy for a lot of long-time Raptor employees and fans. Theyve been kicked in the nuts many times. Isiah left. Stoudamire forced his way out. McGrady left. Carter bailed on the franchise. Bosh left. Some of their playoff losses were just brutal. Leonard's dunk over Giannis was right in front of us. I've been lucky enough to see a lot of great things, but that was incredible.

The greatest Toronto team athlete I've ever seen was Roberto Alomar, until Leonard came along. The guy is just so, so good. And he doesn't get involved in the BS, just wants to win, get better. The crowd was mesmerized by him. I don't know if Ive ever seen a guy play here who had the public believing, "When's he's out there, we're ok," like this guy does. Someone from the organization said before the game that they felt getting to the Final is their best chance of keeping him, but they honestly dont know how it will end. They do love him, though. All business, total professional -- unlike many of the franchise players they've had.

I can't see them beating Golden State, but at least they get to try.

Alma and Slacker like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Totally dig Canada and Canadians - glad they'll have something to watch during the Cup final. That article Scott Price wrote about Toronto in SI was good stuff. But Warriors in a Gentleman's Sweep.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Claw is a superstar but Gasol is just a guy now, and Lowry is past his prime. The Raptors will be happy to just be there, I think/hope.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was only talking about the last inbounds when Bucks needed a steal with 8 secs left. Why is he in? Get a speedy big right? Wilson? Snell?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

ZS
    Will you be attending the series? If so, please do keep us posted with your insights.

Draft saved Draft deleted