1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 College Football Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 5, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

ESPN reports that Miles and LSU have agreed to a $1.5 million buyout, apparently saving the school $5 million. Suggests he has a deal in say, Kansas. Right?

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As bad of an interview as Les obviously is, I would love to hear the chat between him and Long.

Jeff: "Les, are you interested?"
    Les: "Yes."
    Jeff "3 mill a year do it?"
    Les: "Yes."
    Jeff: "Good. We're gonna get the brakes beat off of us Saturday Night in Norman. Would love to have you in place by then. We'll have the jet down to get you Thursday Night, and have a presser Friday Afternoon."
    Les: "Ok. Thanks Jeff."

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I want Kansas football to do well -- or at least be somewhat competitive. Les Miles is Charlie Weis, Part II.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's an even worse singer.

"Mol.Derrr.Of.Man.Kiiiiind."

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That is very possible.
    Who Miles brings in with him will be big.
    You can go 8-2 in the SEC scoring 24 and giving up 13.
    You score 24 in the Big 12, you're 3-7.
    He will soon realize that you've got to put up 45 a night in there......and then pray for a stop.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Any other Big 12 coaches come from the SEC? I don't see this working and I dig Miles.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The guy Kansas just fired came from Texas A&M.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Miles did OK at Okie State, but that was eons ago.

If he comes in at KU at age 65, he better have some kind of heir apparent at his side.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It will be very interesting who he brings in as coordinators.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I still don’t like this move.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You never know, but I have no doubt in my mind Miles would have coached the current roster to at least five wins right now.

The only thing Beaty did even remotely well is bring in some decent athletes. He also fucked the scholarship chart up to holy hell in the process.

Miles almost certainly can bring in as good or better players and manage the program better. He's without a doubt better at developing players. I can't see how it's not a huge upgrade.

KU fans aren't asking for playoff appearances. We're not going to get annoyed about not beating Saban on a regular basis. Just be in the mix for a bowl game most of the time and Memorial Stadium will be packed.

Oz likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe Miles will work out as well as Rick Barnes at Tennessee hoops. Some old, relatively successful coach --- but usually thought of as underachieving --- who people thought was just coming here to settle into a comfortable retirement.

Oz and Jake_Taylor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted