1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 College Football Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

One phone call to Michael, and it's taken care of.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Michael isn't handing over that sum of money for anything. Especially football at Chapel Hill.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm almost positive UNC has more than that in the war chest. It's not UNC-Pembroke.

That being said, are they going to waste that on football or hope that a 3-9, 2-9 consecutive seasons doesn't become 1-10 next year.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pat Narduzzi May personally start a gofundme to get rid of Fedora.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

My guess is that far from costing him support, Dr. Fedora's comments at ACC media days endeared him to enough high-end donors to keep him around. The War on Football card, particularly when played while denying science, is a winner with Trumpists.

7. tapintoamerica

They like to brag about how they have so many great young QBs. Yet if they really liked them all, why did they host Kelly Bryant and let him parade around the field and feel the love from the faithful?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

KU gotta be scrambling like hell to make Les official so they can get him to Norman.
    Only way it makes KU-OU remotely interesting Saturday Night Prime-Time on FOX.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Chapel Hill flush with great quarterbacks?

Um, no. Fedora was so brilliant that Mitch Trubisky played one season, and otherwise sat behind Marquise Williams.

Has the third-best quarterback in the Triangle right now. So ... where are all the great young quarterbacks?

10. tapintoamerica

Certainly not in Chapel Hill. He has played three or four of them. Their delusional fans are convinced they've recruited well the past couple of years. How are they enjoying this 2-9 year, I wonder.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

While we are doing coaching mea culpas where are all the folks who busted my balls for calling James Franklin “Black Ron Zook?” Dude even tried going after a kid in the stands after the Ohio State game. That’s Zook as fuck.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yes the Zook is very strong in him.

Draft saved Draft deleted