1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 College Football Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gary Andersen back to Logan and Utah State. I'm interested in seeing who he gets on his staff. He burned through most of the coaches in Utah at Oregon State - I have to think others will be wary of joining him knowing how he threw that staff under the bus.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A man of principle.

A man who got to an elite public university only to realize that he wasn’t recruiting to Utah State anymore and he actually had to get some 2.5 GPA students now.

So he bailed and paid $3 million to leave out of his own pocket to go to Oregon State.

A man in full.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I guess C-USA has UAB fatigue/jealousy issues. Stockstill at Middle Tenn. got the league COY this season. I don't know if the vote was taken before the championship game or if some of the coaches were dealing with butthurt issues, 'cause that's a league coach's vote.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Bowling Green now has Scott Loeffler and Brian VanGorder on one staff. They're Brian Schottenheimer away from the Holy Trinity of Bad Coaches.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I don’t care if he is the COY but your Blazers better DAMN well cover 2 points against NIU.

6. Neutral Corner

Note the bit about healthy? I think we have a lot more offense than they think and win going away. That O-line is 300+ all the way across.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

As a Wisconsin alum, this is my favorite tell of other Wisconsin alums, this whole thing.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That's a good hire

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The natives in Aggieville won't be happy with this.

12. Neutral Corner

Two and a half million seems pretty damn steep.

Draft saved Draft deleted