1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Next year's WM is in the Superdome. There is no more Silverdome.

I know you meant Superdome :D

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And that's a damn shame. It would've been a great venue for Summerfest.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

But at least Matt and Jeff Harvey are back in the fold.

Batman likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe for a nostalgia pop they can bring in Bret Clark.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Austin Aries just quit, though. He could be announced as someone else, then put his crotch right in Lilian Garcia's face.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

I think I obviously missed something here.

7. Baron Scicluna

If it's what I'm thinking of, you missed how I had a winking face next to Silverdome. I was poking fun of the last time WM was in the Superdome, when Hogan came out for the opening promo and mistakenly called it the Silverdome. Then Austin and Rock came out and good-naturedly poked fun at Hogan for the mistake. (On the behind-the-scenes video, Hogan was thanking them profusely for saving him).

Since that, we've been poking fun at other times that gaffes were made in promos and ring announcements. Such as how R-Truth once asked the fans of "Green Bay" about what was up, although he was actually in Milwaukee (and was subsequently booed out of the arena).

8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Who dat guy? ;)

Not sure if anyone will get that one.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I was at SmackDown in Birmingham while down south visiting the family. Thought I would take my 9-year-old nephew to his first rasslin' show. He got a Cena shirt. He had a blast, but I thought it was one of the worst live shows I've been to.

And that's the thing: every time I see a show in Birmingham, the fucking crowd is dead. I don't know if it's the crowd or that the show was crap.

I haven't had time to keep up lately, so what the hell happened to SmackDown? It used to be fun. When did Maria come back?

But there was definitely no energy in that building. A lot of people sitting quietly like they were vegged out on their couch at home. Or they wouldn't stay still because they were making five goddamn beer runs. Really, who goes to rasslin' to buy five $9 beers? There are cheaper ways to drink Bud.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Yeah, my bad man.

11. Baron Scicluna

Michael Buffer weeps.

jpetrie18 likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For posterity.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted