1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Is it so bad its good?

Im kind of glad its not a main event Mcmahon HHH thing.

But this is kind of silly.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They could do a thing where Trips and Co. don't like the nepotism that Angle would do with Jordan (ironic in itself) and firstly, beat up Jordan to set up a Trips/Angle match.

Still pretty meh. I don't get why the revelation could have cost Angle his job. It's 2017, not 1917.

3. JimmyHoward33

Check out @WWEGable's Tweet:

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They probably did it because all the stuff they wrote for Kennedy and Vince years ago was gathering too much dust.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So we're not going to be tag team champs?

JimmyHoward33 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

One side issue in all this is that another tag team is getting broken up. Don't they realize having established tag teams helps in providing additional storylines and gives more guys something to do instead of languishing in lower card purgatory?

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I feel like this is the kind of storyline that would have worked much better before the Internet, when people might have wondered whether it was true or not. Especially since you actually have wrestlers on the roster who are unacknowledged children of notable wrestlers (by unacklowedged I mean in the storyline) and most fans know all about it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Vince McMahon: "Inter-what-now?"

9. JimmyHoward33

Smackdown was really really bad and then Tyler Breeze came on dressed as Dana Scully and somehow it was better.

Blue brand in 2017 everybody.

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Part of me still thinks that there's something a bit fishy with Corey Graves. First, he reveals that Big Cass was behind his & Enzo's attacks and now, he's tied in with the Kurt Angle reveal. Got the feeling that when Stephanie returns, he'll have something to do with this as well.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Too bad next year's Wrestlemania is in the Silverdome (;)). Otherwise, Shane could drop an elbow from a helicopter.

Speaking of helicopters and wrestling, it reminds me of one Nitro that was outdoors in Florida (one of the shows that had the ring in a swimming pool). They had Sting make an entrance rappelling down from a helicopter (pre-Owen Hart). It turned out to be a mess, because it took Sting forever to safely make it down, the rotors blew the ring aprons all over the place, and the fans were ducking away from the wind being generated.

One of WCW's many failed stunts.

Draft saved Draft deleted