1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I mean there's no way Strowman doesn't show up and clean house during the No 1 contender match next week right?

Rollins vs Miz could be great. Exactly what Seth needs to make the leap as a huge babyface. I wish theyd keep Ambrose the hell away from it tho.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Would you guys be interested in this match? How much time would you give angle, given the neck problems?

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be five-star by any means, but I think Kurt's shown in recent years he can still have a passable match.

In other news, Paige's brother said on Facebook that he's worried about her becoming the next Whitney Houston or Amy Winehouse. Word is, she and Alberto had a conflict in an airport, with allegations of one or the other having coke in their luggage.

4. JimmyHoward33

I really hope he's not having an affair with Steph. I mean maybe there's a way to harken back to the rumor and innuendo about HHH squashing this angle in 2000 because "no one would believe she'd leave someone who looks like me for someone who looks like him."

But running it back 17 years later when we all know they're actually married seems......just kind of stupid.

5. nietsroob17

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So Jarrett said today that there's no agreement with the Hardys.

Reby said there was terms of agreement last week, which included a $5K fine for every time Reby said something about GWF on her Twitter feed.

Judging by how far the Hardys pushed the gimmick on Monday, I'd have to believe Reby on this one.

Also, Shane Helms fired a zinger at Jarrett upon his release and why Jarrett said he was released.

7. JimmyHoward33

Some gems in the replies for a Masked Man show Twitter question about who Angle's love angle is with. Among the highlights
    *Karen Jarrett with the marriage to Jeff being a long con for Vince to get Jeff one more time
    *AJ Lee
    *Mae Young's birthed hand all grown up
    *R Truth (being the real reason Goldust has snapped)

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I know that's not how it's going to happen, but it is doable on some levels:
    -- Great way to build heat between Angle and Booker T
    --With WWE teasing an American Alpha split on Smackdown, Jordan would need something to do
    --With the, um, skin pigmentation of all three, it would be plausible
    --Angle has in the past expressed a thing for African American women

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He is out there somewhere, wandering the Earth and making a life for himself.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, God, they did the Jason Jordan as Angle's son thing. Crowd is going mild.

But, if we get Jordan vs, Big Show, then we get the son of Angle vs, the son of Andre the Giant.

jpetrie18 and Batman like this.
  11. nietsroob17

Well, it ain't Sharmell's baby, but she got it right.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At least they left Dixie out of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted