1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Marias most likely, altho I wonder if that's a bad spot to debut Mike.

Paige? Supposedly training for a comeback....

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I thought she had been blacklisted by the E?

3. JimmyHoward33

Seems like Rock making the movie about her life has buried some of they heat. They want the co promotion and the Hollywood shine.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe it was just the fact it was JBL, or maybe it was his facial expression, but I laughed my ass off when he said, "He took her name," after the Mike and Maria segment.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus. A sunset flip powerbomb from the top of the ladder from Zayn to Ziggler. Z on Z crime. That actually warrants a "holy shit" chant.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

Top to bottom the worst ppv in the time I've subscribed to the network.

Don't know what else to say. Who books this shit?

7. Baron Scicluna

The matches weren't bad, but the finishes were head scratching.

I get having Ellsworth help Carmella win the briefcase, but actually climbing the ladder and grabbing it? Ugh, especially for a company that is priding itself on women being achievers. I saw one poster on Cageside Seats that suggested that Ellsworth try to cash it in on the WWE champ and have that create tension with him and Carmella. That could be interesting. Otherwise, good match with bleah ending.

Tag title match drew me in and was excellent, until the count out finish.

Men's MITB was fun. Owens took an ass kicking. Loved how A.J. and Nakamura put the ladder aside to square off. Corbin gets elevated.

Lana's singles debut was meh.

Enjoyed the nod to Fuji Vice with Breezango, with the Heyman cell phone. Didn't care about the match.

8. JimmyHoward33

The first two finishes set it up to fail. I was in a bad mood the rest of the night. Jinder and Orton was blah as usual. The men's ladder match was excellent and on a better overall show could've elevated it from a B to an A, but it wasn't enough to save was was overall a D.

Not even five days ago they did a count out tag team title finish on Raw. I guess the shows have different writing staffs now but good god pay attention to the product. It's insulting to us as fans.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was the funniest part of the night.

On the subject of commentators, Smackdown's group sucks. JBL and Saxton are bad, but Tom Phillips takes the damn cake. Guy can't call a match for shit.

I wish I had a few bucks every time I've seen you post something like this ...

10. JimmyHoward33

Hey I liked Payback. or Backlash. Whatever the Raw one was.

And who books this shit is a Conrad Thompson catchphrase I've commandeered.

11. Baron Scicluna

Well. We got our Big Cass heel turn. Kinda early if you ask me. I thought they could have a tag title reign or two in them before the big breakup.

Cass' promo was excellent, though.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Enzo is no Rey Mysterio, so I can't picture him competing against Cass. Maybe Enzo calls on Big Show to be his goon.

Draft saved Draft deleted