1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Straight from the mark's mouth lol

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with one of the boys' flings with a stripper?

Also, if that's true, meh. Better to plausibly build him up then, as opposed to hot-shotting him up the card, but I don't even know if he has that basic sort of ability to be worth it.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I think KY has a point on the reason. My take is: At the very least, this is a guy who can move around the ring and work a match, in contrast to a certain other recent pro wrestler from India (*cough* Khali *cough*)

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The main problem is that Jinder is a heel, and one who, until he was randomly put with Rusev a couple of months ago, little more than a glorified jobber.

If they wanted to do something like this, the way they did it with Ellsworth, as an underdog babyface, is the way to do it. This is just, well, weird.

Plus, speaking of Ellsworth, they just did the underdog thing a few months ago.

I'm figuring maybe Jinder gets another promo or two out of it, then gets RKOed pretty quickly. Kinda what the E did with Ryder a whole bunch of years ago, when he was just starting the "Woo, Woo" character as a villain. He got a title match on Raw against Sheamus then charged right into the Brogue Kick. I remember thinking, "Well, at least he got an in-ring intro."

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I can see Jinder and Orton getting at least 5 minutes, maybe longer. If you read the dirt sheets like I do, they all say Jinder has either worked his ass off to get this point and into the shape he's in now, or he's had help from the juice. Vince has noticed either way, and with the expansion in India, it makes sense right now.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

This will not end well ...

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Bradley Guire likes this.
  8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You just now posting the link? :D

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Clearly, he's a stupid idiot.

Tommy_Dreamer and KYSportsWriter like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

He's also a mucilagenous cretin.

Batman likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Nope, it didn't end well, although surprisingly, Kalisto did end up with the winner's share of the purse money.

Braun's dumpster push wasn't as impressive as the Outlaws when they did it to Foley and Terry Funk around 20 years ago. That was fun, albeit a bit ruined by the styrofoam peanuts.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Alexa Bliss migggght be the best woman on Raw right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted