1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Good podcast with Jericho this week with Rusev & Lana. The podcast was made by Rusev doing a Dusty Rhodes impression (at about 48:20).

Rusev and Lana - Talk Is Jericho

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

3. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Two questions kind of day:

1. Who is the best female wrestler?

2. Who is Mr. Wrestlemania?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The story of the crowd reaction at MSG after he beat Bruno for the title is a good one. Crowd was absolutely silent, except for people crying. Bruno at first thought the ref had a heart attack or something, and later said he was saddened by how distraught the crowd was when he knew he wanted to lose to get some time off. Instead, the ref was telling Koloff to get the hell out of the ring before the crowd killed him.

RIP. And RIP to Nicole Bass.

5. nietsroob17

It's like he's the gringo version of Muhammad Hassan.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Finally official. So well-deserved, moreso for his post-wrestling career.

7. Baron Scicluna

Not bad for a guy who grew up unable to read, who began in wrestling as a manager and broadcaster because he was willing to work for free (sportswriters should take notice :)), then, decided to become a wrestler when he was pushing 40, did so, became quite successful,and now has a post-wrestling career that has helped numerous people with physical and mental problems.

8. nietsroob17

Great choice for induction. I know DDP's choice would've been for Dusty to introduce him (he credits a lot of what he became to Dusty), but maybe they can get Jake the Snake and Scott Hall to do it together. Maybe Foley, too, because he credits DDP Yoga for helping him lose 100 pounds lately.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

"Charlotte Flair on Twitter""

I don't like this.......a week long Dusty finish would be new....and weak. If you're going Dusty it's gotta be on the same show right??

10. Baron Scicluna

There's been belt strippings after a few days in history. Jack Tunney ordering the belt vacant after Hogan lost with the twin referees is one.

But I think the fans would flat-out shit on that if she voluntarily gave up the belt. They would need Steph to make her do it, somehow.

I can see Steph ordering a rematch tonight, and Bayley losing, which would essentially kill the storyline of her working up,to become champion.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Also could be the seeds for the Bayley/Sasha feud we all know is coming. Bayley blames Sasha for interfering and saying she could've done it by herself.

12. Baron Scicluna

I would have pissed my pants if Bayley would have smacked Steph with the belt.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted