1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It's Woods-English and Ryder-Mojo to join Roode and Jinder in the semifinals for the US title tournament, with the winner crowned at Rumble. Roode gets the Ryder-Mojo winner next, and Jinder gets Woods or English.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Twenty years ago today, it was both the high water mark for WCW and the beginning of the end.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Anyone ever find out the name of the judge who kept impounding the tape of the controversial main event finish? :D

If anything, it showed how haphazard WCW was compared to the WWF. WCW tries some weird judge schtick, while the F brought out Judge Mills Lane on the Titantron, back when his show was hot, to continue storylines.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So for now, Woken Matt Hardy is using Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata for his ring entrance at house shows. Least he did at MSG recently. Hopefully we'll be hearing Obsolete Suite soon enough tho.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Going through various year end pods and the year end article on SI....... I ask you gents, Wrestler of the Year for 2017 is

Kenny Omega

AJ Styles

Other

Discuss

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Small hint for this one. One of the wrestlers in this picture is the father of one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time.

7. Baron Scicluna

I'll say Stu Hart on the left.

No clue who the guy is on the right.

8. John B. Foster

Nope. This father had two sons in the WWF. One is still alive, the other passed away less than ten years ago.

The other wrestler's name as the same name as a Cardinals player from the 1930's. Branch Rickey was a big fan of him because he really hustled out there. I know, I make these hard at times. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  9. Baron Scicluna

Cardinals guy: Pepper Martin?

WWF dad: Angelo Poffo

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. John B. Foster

Well done, Baron.

Fairly easy one. Try to guess the decade as well as the two competitors.

[​IMG]

11. Baron Scicluna

Looks like Lou Thesz against Harley Race and I'll say the 1960s.

12. John B. Foster

Not Race. The other two are correct. I can see why you would say Race. They sort of have the same hair/body shape.

Draft saved Draft deleted