1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Man, Enzo really has pissed people off. Strowman didn't look like he took too much off his moves, but did look like he enjoyed doing it.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And the crowd was booing him just before Braun's music hit.

Apparently, Enzo and the Raw crew visited the Crocodile Hunter's zoo during their Australian tour. Would've liked to see a snake snap at him like Macho Man back in the day.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Odds this is actually a thing? Michael Hayes replied to a Cody tweet about it earlier in the day

4. JimmyHoward33

Forgot how funny it was when Heenan tried to sneak into the first Raw in all those disguises. Really nice tribute package in the 10 oclock hour.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

They're bringing the name back for a Smackdown house show in Greensboro on a Saturday in November. Would probably be a WWE.com broadcast if anything.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, they always do a great job with those. But I thought he deserved a 10-bell salute with everyone onstage as well.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

What does that mean?!?

We may have just seen the beginning of Rusev's face turn.

Rusev #1! Rusev #1!

8. JimmyHoward33

I think y'all know how I feel about Smackdown these days but.....eeeeesh how is Shinsuke supposed to get over by not being in front of the live crowd for two weeks?

And is there an NXT overseas tour or something I'm forgetting because I don't think we've seen Bobby Roode in 3 weeks which perhaps may not be the best way to introduce a new star

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

David Letterman once said during an interview that Bobby Heenan was a major influence in his career.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Dolph's contract expires in October and there's talk that he's leaving. He said he wants to wrestle in Japan.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

He wrestled the dark match vs. Mike Bennett Kanellis.

Yeesh.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it'd probably be good for Dolph and the company if he left for a couple months, or even a couple years, a la Cody Rhodes. His fame seems high enough to do well on the indies or in Japan, and he could probably get a fresh start whenever he did come back.

Rainman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted