1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

WWE put out the latest episodes of its Southpaw Regional Wrestling series on YouTube, and all I have to say is '80s Renee Young. :cool:

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dean Ambrose is a very lucky man if she dresses that way for him in private.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Why is NXT a million times better at booking women than Raw or Smackdown? I think they missed a golden opportunity tonight by not giving Amber Moon the win, but the match was so much better than most women's matches on the main roster recently.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The stories are simple and they don't go over board with the promos. If the Moon/Asuska contract signing from the last NXT weekly show was a 20 minute deal on Raw you'd have the internet saying they can't talk like Bayley. That match last night was pretty good but the Nikki Cross/Asuska match was better.

Really it's why NXT is a million times better at booking most everything....they keep it simple. Five matches on a 2 1/2 hour show. Summerslam has I think 11-13 (depending on preshow) in four or so hours.....with a lot more in between video packages and blah blah blah.

They have stars (Bliss got called up without every having a Takeover match IIRC) that don't make Takeover and there's what 4-5 a year? Whereas the main roster has a PPV every month and goes bonkers to shoe horn every talent onto the show (hello Orton/Rusev). Makes everything feel messier and jumbled.

Although I will say I hope NXT doesn't dip too far into the Indy wet dream market. A lot of fans are going to let lost in the dust if you have to be familiar with ROH history to get the storylines and alliances.
    Somebody catch me up on OReilly and Fish? Were they in the Bullet Club with Cole? Friends with Cole pre Club? I have no idea who they are and I feel like I completely missed the point of last night.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman
    Result: Lesnar

Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
    Result:Nakamura

AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens
    Result: Owens

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin
    Result: Corbin

Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins
    Result: Ambrose and Seth

Naomi (c) vs. Natalya
    Result: Natalya

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
    Result: Balor

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha Banks
    Result:Banks

Akira Tozawa (c) vs. Neville
    Result: Tozawa

Randy Orton vs. Rusev
    Result: Rusev

Big Show vs. Big Cass
    Result: Big Cass

The New Day (c) vs. The Usos (Kickoff)
    Result: The New Day

The Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan vs. The Miz & The Miztourage (Kickoff)
    Result: The Hardy Boyz and Jordan

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Cole and O'Reilly were partners at one point as Future Shock. They broke up and O'Reilly and Fish formed reDRagon, one of the greatest tag teams ever. Cole was part of Bullet Club but O'Reilly and Fish never were, and I don't think the trio ever worked together in the same faction.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

Good luck to most of the "main card" following that preshow tag title match

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That WWE championship match was a stunner. Guess they continue the feud through Survivor Series and give Nakamura the title there?
    I just wish they'd give Jinder a clean win or two. If you're going to give the title to a guy like him, at least build him up and give him credibility.

9. Baron Scicluna

Six minutes in, this main event has been awesome.

Batman likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

Has Brock ever bumped like this for anyone in his career?

Holy shit.

11. Baron Scicluna

And Braun just made it even more awesome with a flying chair and dumping that table on Brock.

12. Baron Scicluna

Helluva match.

Draft saved Draft deleted