1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At a house show right now and they started with a 10-bell salute to Snuka.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It's a weird situation, ordinarily I'd think they'd be averse to the negative attention they'd get from honoring him, but I wonder if their relationship with Rock and Tamina off sets that. Whatever happened, it's one of their talents dads and they should honor/respect that (current gripes of Cody Rhodes notwithstanding).

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Usos were on the card at my house show tonight, and one of them (hard to tell which from a distance) did a Superfly splash. They were wrestling American Alpha in a tag team championship match and, when they went up for that and hit it, for a second I got roped in and thought they might do the ultra-rare house show title change.
    Alas, the guy kicked out and the Usos wound up eating the pin.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Well, The E sent a tweet. That counts for a lot these days, right? (Is there a millennial around we can ask?)

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Are people really Instagramming their dead relatives? Is this a thing?

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

snuka was my first favorite wrestler about a million years ago, and i still count his finisher as the best I've ever seen. but out of the ring--ugh, to say the least. deeply mixed feelings on the news yesterday

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a bit strange, but in the 19th century, people used to photograph their dead kids and babies so they would have something to remember them by.

8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Wrestling Hall of Fame spoiler:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really don't know what to think of this.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wow. That's three big names already. They'd already announced DDP and Rick Rude.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing/hoping she took this before he passed.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Not surprised he's getting in, but maybe surprised on how quickly it's happening.

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. Just seems out of no where. He definitely deserves it.

Always wish Angle in his prime wrestled Bret Hart in his prime.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted