1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He caught a huge break with Davis getting in. Now the question for the voters on the next running back for the about the next decade is going to be between him and Edgerrin James.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The five eliminated from 15 to 10 were Isaac Bruce, Don Coryell, Alan Faneca, Joe Jacoby and Terrell Owens.
    The five eliminated from 10 to 5 were Tony Boselli, Brian Dawkins, Ty Law, John Lynch and Kevin Mawae.

Owens can't even get in the top 10

I'm stunned that the voters have Boselli and Mawaw ahead of Faneca and Jacoby and that Ty Law made the final 10

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

With Terrell Davis in now, there's really no good reason to keep out Shaun Alexander. If Davis is getting credit for years he didn't play, Alexander should too. He was never the same after he broke his foot in September of 2006, right after his MVP year.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Owens is a no-doubt Hall of Famer. The voters are stupid.

5. Steak Snabler

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

When Owens first retired, I said he was going to wait a few years because a lot of the voters didn't like his attitude. I was slammed pretty heavily on this board over that. Inferred I was racist.

That being said Owens should have gotten in by now.

As for Warner. Glad he is in. I was on the fence when he retired. Should not have had to wait so long. Two regular season MVPs. Super Bowl MVP. Played lights out in three Super Bowls. The "gap" means nothing. His prime was fantastic.

As for Alexander, not seeing the comparison to Davis. Very two different careers and styles. Davis carried a team to two Super bowl titles. Alexander was a damn good player, but will have to get in on his own merits.

7. Steak Snabler

Yeah, perhaps I was a little hasty there.

Alexander's career was actually a lot like Earl Campbell's, and Campbell got in on the first ballot.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lewis should and Moss should be easy, but Urlacher? Meh.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  9. cyclingwriter2

Alexander will be the next interesting case. He scored a shit ton of touchdowns and earned an mvp, but somehow the perception is he was not dominant. His case is more "how can bettis be in there when Alexander was a completely better player."

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Over 4,000 more yards rushing might be part of it.

11. cyclingwriter2

In 70 more games, and 1300 more carries. And still has less touchdowns than Alexander.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Songbird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted