1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 NBA playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Refs are having a good day in Chicago

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

When is the last time the road team won each of the first 4 games in a first-round series?

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2005 Mavs-Rockets

cjericho likes this.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Westbrook's antics in the postgame were absurd. I like his basic message, that it's a team game, but the question was not posed to him. It was not up to him to allow an answer or not. Steven Adams is a grown-ass man and can answer (or not) for himself. And it was a legit question.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was a legit question, but a pretty f'n obvious answer. There are a few guys in the NBA who are a huge part of their teams. Obviously LeBron is one. When he left the Cavs the first time, they were shit the following season. If Westbrook is not on OKC next season, they have almost no chance of making the playoffs. He is great and he also makes those around him better. That's why they don't play so well when he isn't in the game. The guy who asked the question has to know that, or he shouldn't be covering the NBA.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed. I can see him sliding into the front office or back into television, that's for sure.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You really think it's funny? You may want to adjust your meds.

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

It was the accidental pun, straight-arrow vigilante.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Steven Adams is a grown-ass man but he knows his role. If Russ doesn't like the question, Adams isn't about to answer it.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but it's not up to Westbrook to decide if someone else can answer a question. I like Westbrook, but he was way out of line.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My theory is that when the Cavs worked out Lance Stephenson earlier this season they were about to pull the trigger, but then someone in the front office said, "Yeah, but we already have J.R."

I think LeBron's head would've exploded in rage at some point down the stretch if they'd done it.

Webster likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

LeBron knows he can control JR to some extent. I'm not sure about Lance.

It's kind of interesting that in both Miami and Cleveland, all of the bit pieces that the teams have put together have been older than LeBron.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted