1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 NBA playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lol Clippers

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If ESPN doesn't do a 30 for 30 on the Clippers of the last 5 years then the entire premise of the series is flawed.

They still might win this series but I doubt it. The bigger picture is that it'll be one of the great LOLs if the window closes on them in the next year or two without them 1) winning a title and 2) even getting to the Finals.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

How about not even getting to the Western Conference Finals

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And this is pretty much the franchise's golden era.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What would be compelling about a Clippers 30 for 30?

"Had one great player, Chris Paul. League tried to convince everybody they had another great player, but they didn't. Spurs stayed better and Warriors roared past them. The end."

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It would have been more compelling as the Lakers went into the tank and the Clippers got good that LA's second team actually won a title or at least made a serious run at one. As it is, they are just another team who got a few pieces together, made the playoffs a few years in a row but were never really better than a second round appearance. They best they did was beat the Spurs in 2015 but then turned around and gacked a 3-1 lead to the Rockets away. They aren't even that interesting to watch.

The Clippers' most interesting story line was the NBA forcing Donald Sterling to sell and even that wouldn't make a good 30 for 30.

7. poindexter

If only John Wall had a dad..
    /cowherd

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Paul, Griffin, and Jordan are dynamic enough of a trio to get to the Finals, on top of getting Rivers to coach coming off his success in Boston It's funny that the Clippers just can't do it even though the pieces have been there for 5 years.

9. poindexter

I watched them last night. Griffin and Paul are not even close to league elite in 2017. And Jordan has always been a one trick pony.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Paul, Griffin and Jordan are absolutely good enough to get to the finals with good role players around them -- and they have some decent role players.

I have yet to see anything that tells me Doc Rivers is not a shit coach. He has to go.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I hadn't been paying attention to the Blazers, but I saw Connaughton got a few meaningful minutes today, and even hit what at the time was an important shot.

Is he done with baseball? I thought he was a much better prospect there. But I guess NBA bench >>>>>>> Single A motels and buses.

12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Looks like he didn't go back after senior year of college, though the Os still have his rights for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted