1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 College Football Stories Thread (not the weekly degenerate thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Aug 4, 2017.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Well why the flying fuck did you bring it up, then?! :D

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Look, don't turn this into a Whitman-OOP shitfest. I said I knew about Title IX equality, but I asked why Title IX was involved in assault charges. You unnecessarily produced the definition as it pertains to equality. Dixiehack provided the answer I was looking for. I said I thought Title IX was fine for equality if they didn't include football and wrestling. That is an old story. And I thought it was a reach to include assault charges under Title IX. You keep coming back to the equality issue. You don't need to keep doing that. Let's end it here.

3. SpeedTchr

Hooookay then. Try adding some fiber.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Degenerate or not, I LOVE Wyoming +13 at Iowa. I like them straight up.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

This is a paragraph in a column by Scott Wolf in his USC coverage today:

Since last week, Boermeester’s been the subject of many articles in mostly political websites as an example of what happens when Title IX office investigations go too far. To those critics, Boermeester is a martyr. No one at USC will be surprised if he eventually files a lawsuit against the university.

7. SpeedTchr

Boermeester should certainly win any suit he files against the university if there was no legal case against him, and it appears there was not. Again, either USC's campus police (if it was in on-campus housing) or LAPD (if it was off campus) should be handling this. If they don't find reason to charge Boermeester, case closed.

8. ChrisLong

I agree completely. And that was my reason for questioning Title IX's involvement in any of this.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Because bringing in an overrated Notre Dame graduate transfer worked so well for Jimbo Fisher.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I have to wonder what South Pacific island you've been marooned on, because I can't imagine there'd be any other reason for you not having heard of the DofEd's "Dear Colleague" letter ...

12. ChrisLong

Snarky comments don't answer the question: Why is Title IX involved in assault investigations?
    I guess the answer is: Somebody in the government decided so.
    Why?
    Nobody seems to know.
    And, I don't really care anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted