1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 college football coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 16, 2017.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I would not blame Rhule for jumping. But why would Indy, which is an attractive job due to the presence of Luck, hire a guy who's chief claim to fame is that he has a couple good years at Temple and has only coached a year in the NFL. I realize that stringing two good years together at Temple is a substantial achievement given the history of that program but is that the best the Colts can do?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I hope he gets the hell out of that unrepentant house of horrors and hypocrisy.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought we were told Greg Schiano was the next great coach-in-waiting. How come he hasn't gotten an interview with anyone other than Tennessee?

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps because his reputation has been ravaged.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You'll get no argument from me on that; but I suspect you're blaming events far more recently than I am.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So if some of the anti-Schiano stuff was pushed by people within UT (Fulmer?) - is it actionable? I haven't heard of any payoff for Schiano or potential lawsuit - but it does seem some of this came from inside UT.

Draft saved Draft deleted