1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoy watching Lesnar squash people, what's the over-under on number of wrestling moves performed in a Lesnar-Reigns match? Five?

jpetrie18 likes this.
  2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I thought they had a decent RAW

Becky and Charlotte had a great match I thought, even if they interrupted it for a commercial.

Ambrose-Owens is going to be great at the Rumble, but they need to put it as a street fight or something.

Social Outcasts? Hmmm, I hope they can make something out of it but I dunno.

Wyatts going full out and attacking everyone face and heel is great. I think they need to turn it loose on everyone in the locker room in the near future, leave people laying and not give a crap. Looks like they might be giving Bray that push he's deserved.

Jericho was great and a total surprise. (So glad I didn't see KY's spoiler post)

The final match came off kind of screwy at the end but the payoff was good. Pretty sure Reigns isn't making it out of Orlando with the title, but who will win it? The returning Jericho? (doubt it), Bray? Owens? Lesnar? Gives it a lot of intrigue going forward since they're obviously building to HHH vs. Reigns on that angle.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I can't think of a match I want to see less in 2016 than Reigns vs. Triple H.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Adam Rose vs. El Torito

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eva Marie vs. Cameron

6. Baron Scicluna

I was underwhelmed by the Jericho return. He's done the same thing already, I think, four times. All he did was repeat his same 1990s catchphrases. Which is fine if it's his first appearance in a decade. But it's not.

Becky and Charlotte told a good story, and it was a better match than last week's with Sasha. The pace was a little better.

Agree on Ambrose/Owens. That could be something that goes all the way to WM.

Social Outcasts =Job Squad of 2016. They could be interesting if they start doing some worked shoot stuff.

Agree on the main event, but I don't really want to see HHH vs. Reigns either. Enough with all the part-timers.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If not Reigns-HHH, then who? I'm tired of seeing Reigns-Sheamus, but who do they put against Reigns for Mania?

Unless Rollins' knee miraculously heals in the next couple of weeks, I don't who else they'd plug in. Unless they do the unthinkable and pull the trigger on a Cena heel turn at the Rumble.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Off the wall idea ... what about Undertaker winning the Rumble?
    If this is his last Mania, have him enter at No. 30 to a massive pop. Set up your other big feuds (Lesnar-Reigns-HHH in some combination) and then have Undertaker win the thing. Cena challenges him for the main event at Mania, or wins a No. 1 contender fatal four-way match at Fastlane so they don't have to overuse Taker.
    Taker gets one last ride on top, can go out on his back if he wants, and we get what should be a pretty good main event.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. KYSportsWriter

And then, to build on that idea, Cena could start bragging the next night about how Lesnar was the one to end The Streak but he was the one to end the Deadman's career. Instant heel heat, if they do it right.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

All of it sounds awesome.

But of course, the E won't do it.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How about any of the dozens of active wrestlers on the roster? Especially when going against the alleged cornerstone of the company's future. Should Reigns have to sell for a guy who wrestles once a year?

This is just Triple H glomming on to anything that has momentum. Again.

12. KYSportsWriter

Outside of those dozens, who's ready for a run at the top? In my view, not many of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted