1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So does Dean Ambrose.

I used to watch it on TV if it happened to be on, but I can't motivate myself to watch it on the network.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I actually watch the show, don't judge!

That whole segment started with her and Ambrose going to do Paddleboard Yoga ... weird I know.

She was wearing shorts over her bathing suit and she took them off and she apologized because she didn't realize her bathing suit was going to turn into a thong lol.

Also, she reported that Ambrose was really hung over.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I watch the show, too. Can't tell you a damn thing about the storylines, but I keep my eyes open.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I try to keep up with it. it's not as much fun without Tyson kidd.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

I think Rusev is going to be pretty good. He's got a comedic side to him most don't see. (I've seen in on UpUpDwnDwn, Woods' YouTube gaming channel.) And apparently Dean is gonna be featured a little more next week as well

"No negativity at the bar!"

6. JimmyHoward33

Agreed. I think if they let Rusev play himself he'd get over in a big way. Would definitely be better than this awkward "I defend my wife to draw heat even though that's not a heel move" thing they have going on.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  7. Tommy_Dreamer

I actually feel they could get a really great face turn with Rusev and Lana, by just having Rusev try something distinctly American and then breaking into a huge smile. Then he immerses himself in everything that is American. Hot Dogs, apple pie, baseball etc. etc. etc. and then just as he's having a great time and everything is going well and he's in love with being in America, threaten him with his govt. crap about his work visa and then turn him super aggressive again and into the anti-American tank he was.

I dunno, i think it could work.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

This morning, he Tweeted something about Hulk Hogan's theme song, and later on Tweeted that he was working out to the sound track from Rocky 4. He's got a tremendous personality that would definitely get a good reaction, and people love Lana.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They could make it into a comedy-type role where Rusev starts acting American and Lana tries to be the wet blanket in it until one day, she finally converts.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Rusev is freaking great, and one of the best they have on the roster at the moment.

I don't know if the situation TD described above would work, but I could see them turning him and Lana face sometime in the near future.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Great googily moogily, Rusev is a lucky man.

[​IMG]

12. Tommy_Dreamer

He did one previously where he said, "When I come crashing down, it's gonna hurt you inside" Fantastic.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted