1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Mick Foley did more in 10 minutes to put over Hell in a Cell than seven years worth of themed PPVs did.

Tommy_Dreamer and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He looked like he was about to cry during that promo. He was getting majorly choked up.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Question is, will they allow the women to pull off some sort of stunt that involves the cell? Not saying they'll have Sasha dive off the top like Shane/Taker, but something more than just a regular match shot through a chain link cage.

Rollins will do the sick dive, and I can see Roman do something like spearing Rusev through the cage.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Turning on Kane really doesn't ignite the masses like it used to.

I daresay Alexa Bliss is sneakily doing the best work of any woman in the industry at the moment.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

... and so are her pants.

Tommy_Dreamer and sgreenwell like this.
  6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Since I work on Tuesdays now, I don't get to see Smackdown. I feel like I'm being robbed of good wrestling every week.

Must get DVR for my room.

7. Baron Scicluna

So apparently the Brock/Heyman segment was cut short by Vince because the Minneapolis crowd wasn't treating Brock like a heel.

Good job knowing your audience, Vince.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Lots of chatter about if Sahsa/Charlotte will/should close Sundays show.

My question is, do we even care? I do not. Match will be great either way. Story's not been amazing. No problem with Rollins/Owens closing.

It'd be cool to close with the women but it almost feels like they'd be doing it just to say they did it. And they've been closing with weird matches for a while, with the various Lesnar non-title bouts going on last and then last month's debate thing with Orton/Bray. So it's not like it means what it used to.

9. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, they've kinda beaten the "Women's Revolution!" thing into the ground. We get it already. Now give us a great storyline so we can appreciate them for being great wrestlers, instead of great wrestlers who also happen to be women.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wonder if they'll blade in the name of equality?

11. Baron Scicluna

Charlotte should in homage to her dad.

She also should do a faceplant and get thrown off the top rope.

Batman likes this.
  12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I"m thinking we get a Nia Jax run-in, via Kane on Taker/HBK with Nia punishing both and then putting Sasha on top of Charlotte for the pin.

Draft saved Draft deleted