1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Not to mention all the money he's getting from that "2K WWE 17" game. ... Had to cringe when he screwed that up tho.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

OK, so they've essentially given Curt Hawkins the Eva Marie gimmick?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That James Ellsworth/A.J. Styles WWE title match (something that I never thought I would type) was absolute gold. So much to enjoy about it.

Amazing what happens when you just have fun with the storyline.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I marked the fuck out for Goldberg. He was my guy back in high school.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No chin music! :D

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

I had read the Cageside Seats' comments , so I knew what was going to happen before watching it on Youtube.

But I have to admit, if I was a fan at that arena or watching it on TV, even though by every logical fiber in my body I know he's not winning the belt, that moment was a pure mark-out moment that makes you jump out of your seat. The crowd reaction was tremendous.

And Ambrose was funny as hell during that whole segment. From the constant ringing of the opening bell, to his "This contest is for the WWE title! Seriously, it is!" he just was gold.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

If you haven't already, you must listen to Sam Roberts' podcast with James Ellsworth from several weeks ago. Fascinating look at the role enhancement talent plays, how he got to be one, and someone who just loves the industry and the indies.

8. nietsroob17

A.J. Styles sold that "No Chin Music" like a million bucks.

Good for Ellsworth. He was brought in originally as some schlub to get flattened by Braun Strowman, then gained such a cult following, they put him in Smackdown's main angle.

9. nietsroob17

That appearance by Lesnar accomplished what exactly?

10. Baron Scicluna

I missed the beginning. Did Heyman actually say anything, or just complain about the Go.dberg chants and left?

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing. They wasted an appearance on that?

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

More or less just complained.

Draft saved Draft deleted