1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Also before she was famous, and before she was porking Rusev.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out how hot the girl on the left would look to me if she didn't have to stand next to Sterger and Lana/Perry

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Roman.

Rinse.

Repeat.

5. Baron Scicluna

OK Raw. Women's tag match was fine, Rollins/Rusev was good. Cesaro/Sheamus was nicely done, although you knew Cesaro would win. Cruiserweights were excellent, although they were hurt by most of the crowd not knowing who they were, except for some who remembered Kendrick.

Cage match was meh, except for Rollins coming off the top. I'm kinda old-school, but cage matches should either be title matches or the end of a feud, not the set-up to something else. And they should be crazy brawls.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

How do you "debut" the cruiserweights and the guy that won the tournament is not on TV? How is someone supposed to get over by NOT being on TV? (Long term Neville NEEDS to be king of that division by the way).

If it wasn't for Chris Jericho I think Raw would be borderline unwatchable right now.

The good news, despite some lackluster storytelling, this Sunday's PPV should be incredible in the ring......there's no doubt in my mind the women's 3-way will steal the show.

Rollins and Owens.....the feud is not where it should be because they've barely interacted with each other.....hopefully that's a sign this could be a long term series rather than just bad booking.....even if this match feels doomed to end in some kind of Authority schmoz, I think if you get those two in a ring by themselves for 20-25 minutes before the schmoz they'll at least tear the house down while its going on.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I just hope KO comes through unhurt.

KYSportsWriter and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Good point. Yes, you don't want the champion to interfere in the match. But at least bring him out, have him cut a promo with Foley, or if he's not good on the mic, just have him sit at ringside for the match "scouting" the opposition. Then after Kendrick wins, do the cliche hold up the belt thing in front of him.

9. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

Outside of the in-ring product, which was fun to watch, that whole segment was doomed the second Foley started talking. His bumbling promo managed to suck any kind of energy or excitement from a debut I was actually excited to see after watching the entire CWC; the only pleasant surprise is he didn't completely try to put himself over. To not have Perkins at least ringside would've been the most egregious offense (and was a bad move anyway) if not for the GM seeming entirely clueless about his most recent acquisitions.

Sidenote: Once Roman's music hit for the main event, I turned RAW off. I can't even get through the Hulu version. SmackDown is just better.

10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I wonder if some people at the WWE haven't started wondering in they might not be better off putting more of their eggs in the Smackdown basket. With a main show on Tuesday they wouldn't have to worry about their ratings being gutted from September to December every year.

jpetrie18 likes this.
  11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

RAMW Thoughts

Who's writing this shit? We've got all this talent, and not the first decent (forget compelling, we know the writers can't even get down logic) story in the bunch.

I have no idea what's going on with the women. How can three women booked so well in NXT be in a cluster of a story on RAW? Bayley was brought into the title picture too early, because the Charlotte-Sasha story isn't finished. There was time to slowly draw Bayley into the story, even if she still debuted when she did. My thought is that they're trying to force Women's Title Triple Threat version 2.0 for the first solo RAW PPV.

I don't know what to make of the clusterfuck of the 10-man tag. Just trying to squeeze in every fued before the Clash withouth having to work too hard at telling stories.

Jericho continues to entertain.

I don't give a shit why Triple H interferred with the WWE AT&T Universal Card Championship. Does this always always always have to be a fucking Authority thing? Apparently, yes.

Anyone notice Roman ditched his blue contact lenses weeks ago?

The introduction of the poor, poor crusierweights, stuck on RAW where no one knows who they are or what they're doing. This reeks of WWE management fuckery. Why why why put the cruiserweights on RAW after months of having SmackDown personnel tell you their stories, call their matches, etc.?

I was embarrassed for Foley, fumbling through a painfuly long promo that had zero energy. He kept looking down at his feet ... did he have a script taped to the mat? Wouldn't surprise me. The announcers have never called these guys' matches.

AND HOW THE FUCK IS THE NEW CHAMPION NOT ON THE SHOW?

Jesus Christ, man.

(But The Brian Kendrick! I always liked his solo gimmick post-London. He was one of those guys who was unfortunately born 10 years too early. Imagine if he was 27 instead of 37. I have a feeling he's s short timer with The E, at least as an on-screen talent.)

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Also, during the cruiserweights, I couldn't help but hear this voice in my head:

"Look, Brother Nero, spot monkeys, just like you used to be."

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted