1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Did he sign it with his real name, or with "Spike?"

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

IIRC, Spike was in his display name but he signed it "Matt."

The whole thing was weird because his match was the one I called the weak spot in what was otherwise a fantastic show.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Say what you will about John Cena but he adds a hell of a lot of credibility to Smackdown......long term Cena/Styles will keep me from skipping that show.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Even without that, I don't know why anyone would skip it.

It's the better of the two shows right now.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I've had several instances where I've had wrestlers like or comment. From Piper, to Simon Gotch, to Braun Strowman (before his WWE debut), to Carmella, Becky Lynch, Both members of The Revival ... all pretty good with the fans, whether it's a disagreement or agreement.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Meh. Ambrose is painful right now. What they're doing with Bray and Orton is kind of a joke. Beyond Styles there's not much there.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Wow. Lana has a great American accent!

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So is Lana Russian/Eastern European? I thought she was from Florida, but spent time in Europe or grew up there or something like that. I always assumed she was fluent, but the Russian accent was fake. Watching that trailer, it seems like it's real. Her "American accent" sounded like she was doing a language drill and the Russian seemed more natural.
    I'm so confused.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Edge and the director were kayfabin' the accent. C.J. Perry went with her real voice in the movie scenes, then back into the Lana character for the interview, and got the cast and crew to play along.

Or, was that the blue-font type of post up there?

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Per Wikipedia - While she was born in Florida, Lana's parents were Christian missionaries in Latvia, and she seemingly didn't "move back" to the U.S. for good until she was 17. She's 31 now, which is a bit older than I would have thought.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No, I was serious. Just listening to her do both, the Russian accent seemed more natural than when she was speaking "normally."

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

She was one of the Cowgirls at Florida State with Jenn Sterger.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted