1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Based on voting history, next year's class would be Tomlinson, Owens, Lynch, Jacoby and Coryell

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The rest of the best first-timers in 2017 will be Donovan McNabb, Brian Dawkins and Hines Ward.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Owens didn't make the final 10. Unreal.

Apparently, the quick ones (like Farve) were stated by Edwin Pope, who just called Dan Marino's name when it was his time. As I'm sure happened tonight with Favre, no need to waste time. If someone had an argument against it, they had the floor, though. No need.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Is Dungy overrated? He had one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL for 7 of his 13 season and ...
    -Only had one Super Bowl appearance
    -Only made 3 conference championships
    -Only won 6 division titles. Not conference. Division.
    -Got fired in TB and the man who replaced him immediately won a Super Bowl with the same team.

He's a good coach. Not a HOF one. If it wasn't for his cozy relationship with the media, no way he makes it, right?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I could be wrong on this, but I think being the first black coach to win a Super Bowl is a big reason he's in.

6. Rhody31

Didn't think about that. Can't tell if that makes me racist for not remembering or an incredible human being for judging him on his record alone.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, still no Roger Craig?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If Terrell Owens isn't a first-ballot Hall of Famer, neither is Brett Favre.

9. Steak Snabler

Did TO retire as the all-time leader in virtually every major category at his position? Did he start 321 consecutive games (nearly 100 more than anyone else at QB) at a position where you get hit viciously several times a game? Was he a 3-time NFL MVP?

I agree that Owens should be in, but to say that at the expense of Favre is ludicrous.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I didn't say "at the expense of Favre." They're both first-ballot Hall of Famers.

At his best, Owens was as dominant at his position as Favre ever was. Yes, Owens faded pretty badly at end of his career, but people also forget how many mediocre seasons Favre had, too. Like, probably one-third of his career.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

I'm guessing Owens' general dickishness kept him out.

12. Rhody31

Don't get how him being a dick keeps him out but Marvin Harrison probably killed a guy and no one seems to mention it.

Draft saved Draft deleted