1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I actually think he has a pretty good chance. He's never made the final 15 before and he's waited the longest, so I think the voters might send him through. Pace can wait until his third try next time and Faneca's a first-timer -- just getting this far is really good so to make him wait till next year isn't a crime.

Greene is going to be one of the five -- this is his fifth straight year as a finalist. Favre is going to get another spot. So you have three slots to fill. I assume Lynch and Harrison are two because they have been finalists the last three years. So if you need a fifth guy I wouldn't be surprised if they go Jacoby or Atwater, another guy they put through for the first time.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

From the Rams, I think Pace goes in this year and Warner goes in next year. I don't see them voting in two quarterbacks, and Favre's a lock this year.

3. Della9250

I selfishly hope they don't put in Pace and wait a year or two and put Pace, Warner, Bruce and Holt all in at the same time

4. Della9250

From Peter King's MMQB --

6. I think it could be an offensive year for the Hall of Fame: Ten offensive players, three defensive players and two coaches are on the list of 15 finalists. The most glaring omission, I thought, was left tackle Tony Boselli of Jacksonville, whose career was cut short by shoulder injuries. I’m not positive Boselli should be enshrined, but I certainly believe his case should be heard. For five years in the late ’90s, I thought he was the best left tackle in football—better, for a short period anyway, than Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace. What hurts him, obviously, is having played 91 games. But his 90 starts are three more than center Dwight Stephenson had for Miami; Stephenson made it as the best center for a four- or five-year period. His career was also cut short by injury.

5. Della9250

Bumped since announcement is at 8 p.m. tonight

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Favre is the only one I'm sure of. Any of the others could make it or not and it would not surprise me.

7. Della9250

Peter King just tweeted the meeting ended after 8 hours, 46 minutes

8. Della9250

First leak of the day says Marvin Harrison got in

9. Della9250

From Rick Gosselin: The longest discussion of the HOF meeting was Eddie DeBartolo Jr. at 50 minutes, 33 seconds. The shortest? Brett Favre at six seconds.
    Other lengthy discussions at HOF meeting: Terrell Owens 43:12, Kevin Greene 27:28, Kurt Warner 27:14, Orlando Pace 26:45 & Tony Dungy 25:57

That's a real bad sign for T.O.

10. Della9250

Leaks say Eddie DeBartolo in as contributor and Ken Stabler in a senior selection

11. Della9250

Morten Anderson was not selected

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

His case was helped by standing outside the meeting room and making a gun with his fingers while saying, "PSHEW-PSHEW" as the electors walked in.

Draft saved Draft deleted