1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Ballot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 16, 2015.

1. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I remember Mike Holmgren telling his team to let the Broncos score that final TD so the Packers would have time to for a potential game-tying score.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, but I'd forgotten.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess I missed the year Smith ran for 2,000 yards.

No, I don't think Davis is a Hall of Famer, but your argument here was silly.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. RonClements

Of course it's silly. It was meant to be.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't mean the concept of Timmy Smith as a Hall of Famer was silly. I mean the comparison you made was silly. I chose that word to be nice, but I should have gone with ridiculous. Post-season excellence is part of Davis's resume, not all of it.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You know man, fuck, it should not come down to these guys wanting to get someone 'in' before he just so timingly fucking dies.
    I do not believe Kramer will ever get in- I just do not believe it.
    Not in my lifetime, anyway.

7. RonClements

And I was wrong, as as my HOF voter colleague. It just amazes me that Kramer, and Joe Klecko for that matter, too, aren't enshrined in Canton.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Well, there is some hope. The voters are actually beginning to look at positions other than wide receiver.
    This is real linear progress for the PFWA. Maybe someday they'll also realize Pro Bowl berths mean nothing.
    There is that hope.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted