1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Presidential Election Poll No. 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Will choice of running mate make any difference in your vote?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    97.3%
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I did not pay attention to this.

I fully support Warren because she's short and concise and hits the facts.

I've got to have faith that eventually the backers of those who would shut down progress of any sort for the sake of making a message will realize that stagnation is worse than at least some progress.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Warren is 67 years old. When does she plan to become president?

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Damn, I did not realize she was that old. I figured she was around 60. That does put a little different spin on things.

Ever since Obama and the Democrat majority in Congress rammed through Obamacare without the help of one single Republican vote, one consequence of which was the Dems losing control of the House, the GOP has stubbornly operated under the philosophy that stagnation is better than progress in the wrong direction. In some cases, I agree; in others I don't. But, frankly, that's the way the two-party system in this country is supposed to work.

exmediahack and BDC99 like this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is true, which is what made Bernie's campaign so pie-in-the-sky foolish compared to HRC's more pragmatic, incremental approach. It didn't sound as pretty, but she wasn't making promises she couldn't keep.

But progressive regions of the country will be able to continue to move forward locally and Democrats will appoint federal judges for another decade or so in the short term and eventually the demographics will shift sufficiently enough to flip the House.

Meantime, Republicans can either choose to move to the center and join in a bipartisan government or they can continue to marginalize themselves out of existence. This should be a good opportunity for them. HRC is a centrist.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I heard somebody on the radio suggest her age makes her more likely to pass on the VP spot. What is she going to be doing for eight years? She most likely would prefer doing something as a senator before her time on the public stage runs out.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Usually I don't see the fuss over the VP, since all he/she does is break ties in the Senate and be handy if the president dies.

But I think Trump is going to need an insider because his lack of knowledge of how things work on Capitol Hill is obvious. And I think if he wins, I think someone's gonna shoot him.

Hillary may need someone strong as well just in case the Bengzahi or e-Mail troothers find their smoking gun.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's 67. Bide her time for what?

Enough of the doddering grampas and grandmas.

By 2020, I want a constitutional amendment: Max age of 65 for POTUS.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Don't trust anyone over ... 65?"

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

While you are correct I believe they have a rule that an election must be held in short order, maybe 6 months? But I think Warren would be more valuable as an outside hit squad on Trump and later in the Senate.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

HRC will play it safe. It's her M.O. And she knows this thing is wrapped up.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Now's not the time to get cute.

She needs to put her foot on the freaking gas and not let up. Safe pick time.

I have no doubt that Warren is being trotted out to appease the Warren fans and certain segments of women.

Probably the same is true of Castro and Hispanics.

Kasich would be the pick to ice this thing but I don't suppose he'd accept.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Kasich?

Draft saved Draft deleted