1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Presidential Election Poll No. 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Will choice of running mate make any difference in your vote?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    97.3%
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The question is, which GOP members would stand to be with Trump on the ticket? By that criteria it looks like Trump's choices are down to Gingrich and Christie. I think Carson has already said no.

HanSenSE and JohnHammond like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody with any credible chances to be on any future GOP ticket. Nobody wants to sign on as the first mate on the Hindenburg.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Newt. And myself as SECDEF.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Tim Kaine makes the most sense, and he'd be fine with me.

And I have to say, I don't get the Julian Castro thing at all. That resume is a joke for a presidential ticket.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Kaine has an askew eyebrow which is troublesome.
    [​IMG]

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Kaine would be a safe choice. Not a chance in hell she's selecting Warren, but I understand why her people would float that kind of stuff out there.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I think Warren is going to pass. She has presidential ambitions of her own and I don't think she wants to be tied to Hillary, in case the Democrats lose in November (highly unlikely, but possible) or that a Clinton presidency turns into a shit show (far more likely). She'll hone her leadership skills in the Senate and bide her time.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Warren would need to be asked before she could pass. She's been pretty rapidly marginalizing herself the last couple years.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's The People's Eyebrow.

[​IMG]

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Every Democrat who's president will have a shitshow presidency for the next 20 years or so. The GOP will allow nothing less. She could be Thatcher and they wouldn't give a shit. There isn't going to be any level-headedness to the way her presidency is seen.

And if you're whether Democrats could do the same, the answer -- so long as the House of Reps is gerrymandered to the hilt and the GOP keeps winning big at the state legislative level -- is no.

When you talk about the impact of money on politics, it's most been felt at the smaller level. The GOP controls the House. You control that, you control the whole thing.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A problem with picking Warren is that if/when that ticket wins, her replacement would be made by a Republican governor.

Draft saved Draft deleted