1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Presidential Election Poll No. 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Will choice of running mate make any difference in your vote?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    97.3%
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Time for another one, we'll do more as the summer progresses as long as they don't become an issue.

Cast your vote and the only replies allowed here: Who is your preferred choice for running mate for your preferred candidate?

If you have legitimate topics for future polls, PM them to me. We'll do this one for a week and then start another.

Thanks for keeping it sane

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would be good with Eluzabeth Warren for a doubled-down distaff ticket.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

4. doctorx

doctorx Member

I'm sure Charlie Crist would volunteer.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There is certainly nobody CHEETO JEESUS could pick who will make his candidacy any more tolerable.

If he picks an experienced, serious, level headed, pragmatic policy wonk type as VP, half his base will go berserk because he would be "selling out to the establishment," plus it would bring into glaring focus the fact that The Pig himself has absolutely none of those qualities.

Hitlerry should pick a fresh new face to set up the succession process in 2024 -- or sooner.

I'd probably go with Booker, if it wouldn't jeopardize control of the Senate.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Booker? A vegan? That's all we need. Someone with a national platform telling us about the vegan lifestyle.

If Clinton picked Ronald Reagan I might consider voting for her. I wouldn't vote for Trump for any reason, ever.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if HRC's running mate was not Julian Castro or Thomas Perez. She won't select a woman nor do I think she would select a sitting senator from a state with a Republican governor.

Also, I'm really tired of Booker.

I'd like to see her go with Perez, whom I've met a couple of times. He's a gifted man.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I dunno. HRC doesn't need to pick a Latino VP to take 85% of the Latino vote.

There is some scuttlebutt Texas could be in play, and i suppose picking a Texan VP candidate might swing a couple of percent of the in-state vote.

If they do flip Texas, it could be a fire drill for the ages.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that Hillary Clinton will choose Chester Cheetah, in an attempt to woo cross-over voters.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If Hillary picked ME as her running mate I wouldn't vote for her.

old_tony, SpeedTchr and Ace like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This poll inspired me to find out if I can do a write-in vote for VP in Alabama. Apparently I can, since somebody in 2012 voted for a ticket of Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. So now I've got to think of TWO people to vote for this November. Good grief.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Texas will not flip. Full stop.

Draft saved Draft deleted