1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Steak, that's exactly where I'd put him, but in the breathless combine roundups you see stuff like:

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Offseason headline-grabbing analyst speak.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree completely. People have heard of college running backs, so reporters discuss them more than other players who might actually go at number four.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

In the same vein as the Falcons releasing Roddy White, the Saints parted ways with Marques Colston this week. Anyone who's watched the Saints the past couple of seasons could see this coming. He's lost a step or three and they need to shed salary to get under the cap. Still, major props to a guy who was a seventh round draft pick from a school that doesn't even play football anymore and ended up as the best receiver in the team's history.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

novelist_wannabe likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Apple incident was the third reported mis-step by an assistant coach from the recently completed scouting combine. Assistant coach Bryan Cox got into a shoving match with a scout from Arizona, and offensive line coaches asked Western Michigan tackle Willie Beavers if saw himself as a “cat or a dog.”

Dan Quinn's running a tight ship down there.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Operation Erase Chip Kelly is fully underway in Philly. Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso traded to Miami for picks, and now DeMarco Murray is being dumped on Tennessee.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Honest question. I really don't know: how good at his job is Howie Roseman?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's OK, I guess, but he's also a big reason why the Eagles are FUBAR at the moment. Not as big a reason as Kelly, but he was the one who hired Chipper in the first place.

He kind of reminds me of Sam Hinkie - who appears to be really good at building a young team until you realize he's not really building toward anything.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Like Dallas (the show) - last season never happened.

MisterCreosote likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.