1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jun 23, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kings All-Star DeMarcus Cousins told The Undefeated his draft night tweet had nothing to do with the draft. So what was it about? "A hot sculpting class," Cousins said jokingly.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

Can someone tell me what on Earth this even means?

Shelburne: Durant needs to give Lakers meeting out of respect

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Crappy reporter thinking she can tell someone else how to manage their business affairs?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

ESPN dipshit is a dipshit.

6. LongTimeListener

I'm sure she thinks Durant should visit Jerry Buss' grave and go to Kareem's house for morning prayer too.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I give Durant a lot of credit for holding his meetings with teams in the Hamptons this weekend. "That's a very attractive offer, Pat, but I've got to run it by my man Dustin Hoffman next door before I say anything."

LongTimeListener likes this.
  8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Came across a discussion on r/NBA about whether Durant should sabotage the competition and return to OKC. It would be pretty fun if he made overtures to GS, SA, etc. and those teams gutted their depth to make room for him only to have him stay put. Presumably the teams wouldn't be so naive, and would be more guarded after the DeAndre Jordan fiasco, but imagine the chaos.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Someone's trying to get a female on the Mount Rushmore of Hot Takes.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's sad, because what I've read in the past from Shelburne was always pretty solid.

But ESPN doesn't want solid reporting on teevee. It wants dipshittery.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I can believe that the Lakers brain trust would be that entitled, but it boggles my mind that Shelburne - who, as Creosote said, is a strong reporter - would simply repeat it rather than couching it as "My sources at the Staples Center say that the Lakers feel disrespected by Durant." Even her argument that he should be diplomatic with prospective suitors because he might be doing this all over again next year doesn't hold up, as if the Lakers wouldn't beg him to take their money next summer, too.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Draft saved Draft deleted