1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB spring training thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 17, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is Arcia ready? I had read that he was ready defensively, but had some growing to do as a hitter.

I'm just curious what people think of the Rockies' approach with Story. There is quite the run of young shortstops who either came up during the 2015 season or are likely to arrive in 2016. Correa is a stud already. Seager looks like one as well. Lindor exceeded expectations as a rookie. Trea Turner, Arcia and J.P. Crawford were also considered ahead of Story based on what I had read.

2. outofplace

Diamondbacks just lost A.J. Pollock for a while. He broke his right elbow trying to pop up on a slide tonight and will require surgery.

The elbow bugged him all spring. Sounds like whichever doctor cleared him to play screwed up. I saw the replay. No way a healthy elbow suffers a serious injury on that play.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That elbow's been a chronic problem for Pollock. He missed an entire season in the minors because of it.

That said, you've got to be smarter than to dive headfirst into home 3 days before the season-opener.

5. outofplace

I read about the old injury yesterday. One bit of speculation I read is that he had a stress reaction, which had caused the pain earlier this spring, and that weakness became a fracture on the play last night.

But really, look at that replay. If his elbow couldn't handle that, the injury was only a matter of time.

Draft saved Draft deleted