1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB spring training thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 17, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Can you not get mobile tickets through StubHub? I haven't used the site a ton, but I feel like I've gotten them mobile when I did.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The whole Yankee move is to prevent folks from using StubHub and making them use business partner TicketMaster.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Exactly. The Cubs have been doing it for years.

Cubs credibility an issue

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Yankees only issue mobile tickets through TicketExchange (I think it's owned by TicketMaster), their partner in the secondary market.

5. LongTimeListener

I understand that. But can't people get their StubHub tickets through mobile too? Or am I misunderstanding the procedure? On the Deadspin link, the first commenter said he has been getting Nats mobile tickets through StubHub for years.

6. LongTimeListener

All right, bigpern, if you can indulge one last question -- can the ticketholder not forward those mobile tickets to the StubHub purchaser?

7. bigpern23

I believe they're connected to the ticket holder's account and are non-transferable.

EDIT: And the Deadspin commenter doesn't realize it's controlled by the teams, so while the Nats may allow it, the Yankees no longer do.

8. bigpern23

Also, ticket holders may still sell their tickets on StubHub, but the purchaser must be able to receive the hard ticket before the game, which makes the transaction more difficult.

9. LongTimeListener

All right. I figured that where the Yankees are involved it means greed and horrible people, but now I get it in full.

Dickbags.

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Per Ken Rosenthal's Twitter Nick Punto officially announced his retirement today. I'm surprised multiple threads have not been started here.

11. LongTimeListener

Who's the Slim Jim?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well when you stop taking whatever he was taking to bulk up for baseball and focus on bike racing for 6-7 years, that's what happens. He's been obsessed with his riding in recent years. Anyway, good to see him back on the field. Still the best baseball player I've ever seen and I think he has a lot to offer.

Draft saved Draft deleted