1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 3, 2016.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with All The Way Sports Illustrated. Is it a new vertical collaboration between them and Maxim?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, Frank Sinatra!

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Shit ... I had to think a second! I remember some fuckheads from 'round here droning on and on about it, though ... :p

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is a stat I had not heard until today:

The team that hit the most home runs in a game went 27-1 this postseason. The only loss was by the Cubs in Game 3 vs the Giants.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chicks dig the long ball

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The smartest play in baseball is the three-run homer, to paraphrase Earl Weaver. Ben Lindburgh of the Ringer, 538, Grantland, he looked into it a few years ago and found that power teams do better in the postseason. It's still a crapshoot, but power helps.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The winning run was scored by the 2012 first round pick, after advancing on a deep fly from the 2013 first round pick, after he was pinch-running for the 2014 first round pick who led off with a hit.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So you're saying some prospects work out?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Apparently for the Cubs now, all of them do. The top prospects of a couple of years ago are basically 11-for-12 in being useful major leaguers. Sorry Arismendy Alcántara

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's why the 2009 Series was so weird. Phillies hit 11 homers in six games, lost in six. You gotta work hard at lousy pitching to do that.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Well, I can tell you I was way too wired to go right to bed after watching my team in the World Series the two previous seasons.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted