1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fenway's a little like that, but it helps that of the row of nightspots across the street from the Green Monster, only one is sports oriented. The rest are actual clubs, which don't attract that many Sox fans who're kind of afraid of the regular clientele. So fans disperse a few blocks or more in different directions for postgame drinking.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly. The guy who suffered Cubs games a helluva lot longer than Caray did and no one remembers. Been kind of hoping they'd honor him one year by NOT singing during the stretch but, oh well ...

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ahem.

Songbird likes this.
  4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Chicago ratings are really impressive when you factor in the surely high percentage of White Sox fans who had their electricity shut off for nonpayment.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Goosebumps.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As a Deep South Sider, i.e. the Indiana side, I could hardly have experienced greater pleasure than: (1) Missing Game 1 of the Cubs World Series; (2) Missing Game 1 because I was st a John Cougar fucking Mellencamp show.

doctorquant and Jake_Taylor like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would like to know the percentage of Cubs "fans" downtown today who could tell me who won last year's World Series.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I actually feel for you. Back in 2007 I was briefly trying to come to grips with the thought of Missouri playing for a national title. These are the kinds of things that can shake a person's world view.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I still get a little salty about all the Kane jerseys with tags hanging down at the rally in 2010 from a sports town that was aggressively hostile toward hockey for a long time

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I mean, when was the sample taken? If it was after "lights out" at the lockup, that's even more impressive.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Can I just go on record as saying I wish "G.O.A.T." was over? There is no chance that cover holds up in 10 years.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted