1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

McIlroy gets the Career Grand Slam this week.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Also, Tom Watson plays The Masters for the final time this week. This clip is also why Watson is one of mine (and a whole bunch of others guys) favorites.

Masters Stories: Tom Watson

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I didn't expect the
    I have no clue what Sharyn Alfonsi knows about golf — my guess would be, not a whole lot — but she didn't ask the one question a show like 60 Minutes has to come up with: Oh, you've never had a lesson? So, all your fellow tour pros, the first thing they do when they hit a ball into the rough is get their instructor on Speed Dial. You must think they're full of _____, eh?

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this, too.

But Adam Scott's playing great, regulation-length putter be damned ...

5. First time winner's division:
    DJ ... I'm not holding out much hope he's going to win a major. He's got the game, but can't close. Maybe this time. I wanna see Paulina in the green jacket. Just. The. Jacket.
    Patrick Reed ... The best golfer on Tour (just ask him) ... He's not played well at Augusta, but he's off to a decent start this year. Maybe?

Fowler: Has DJ syndrome. Great game, hard to close... He's not played well at Augusta.

Honestly, I think it'll be some no name first timer ....

Kevin Kisner is my top 10 lock and darkhorse winner.

Repeat favorites:
    Speith ...Got to be the odds-on favorite. Love everything about that kid. Who doesn't?

I don't have a lot of confidence in Rory, esp. at Augusta. His game's been up and down and I think Augusta might be the gaping hole what will end up being a very nice career resume.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Maybe someone like first-time Augusta participant Spaniard Rafa Cabrera-Bello, who has won a couple times in Europe and has been pretty damn good the last two weeks at the Match Play and Houston. Spain has a history of producing Masters' champs.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sergio just kicked a cat across the room, and doesn't know why.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Like indeed.
    [​IMG]

9. Never noticed how much she looks like Miley Cyrus in the face.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What face?

11. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

If Jason Day's back holds up, he will be difficult to beat. He's the best in world right now.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted