1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah. The Houston Open is still going on today, and someone might snag a late entry to Augusta ...

Jason Day has to be the favorite, with the way he's playing. You can never discount Spieth here, but his bad days have been really bad this year, and he hasn't been able to scramble out of them like he did in the past. Can he avoid that this week?

Who are the sneaky picks? Schwartzel and Oosthuizen seem to always hang around at Augusta. Justin Rose is good to lead a round or two and struggle on Sunday.

I'm really curious to see how Bryson DeChambeau plays, since he's turning pro the second this thing is over. He showed well in the big Euro events earlier this year.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't forget Adam Scott and Bubba.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes to both. Can't forget Rory either. He may somehow be flying a little under the radar at a major.

Best story would be if Vaughn Taylor somehow won this thing.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Phil has scored very well this year -- 30 years after Jack in 1986. Can't count him out.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Spieth has used up about a month's worth of great putts on the front nine in Houston. It's a very good thing to be putting well when Augusta rolls around.

6. Not a Bubba fan in the least, but 60 Minutes had really good profile of him tonight.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some euro. Henrik Stenson?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know I could Google this and find out (hi, Ragu!) but what the fuck is going on with Phil's face? Did Elin get a hold of him?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fred Couples out with a bad back. He's played really well in Augusta since turning 50, so it's notable.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

One of my all-time faves, sorry to see he won't be there. He was the guy I loved rooting for as a kid, probably because I had his video game for the Sega 32x.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm not watching [/Geno]

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Me too. Sega 32x. LOL Loved Couples.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted