1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 19, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How many final round gag jobs does Fowler have? Has to be close to double-digits at this point.

2. As much as a I like Day, the poor guy is injury-prone. There's a lot of potential but the window is closing.

I know McIlroy is on his way to 20 majors, but since he changed club makers his win production has dropped. Plus, his injury.
    I'd love to see McIlroy and Speith become rivals.
    Fowler is step behind DJ, another great player who can't close the deal.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Fowler's win last year at The Players was damned impressive. I think he'll get a major soon but I'm dreading the golf media then starting up with the Big 4 jive.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Best part of the local (sfgate.com) report about this was Owen and Spieth were discussing the Spieth bobblehead that's going to be given out Sat and Spieth said the bobblehead looked better than himself. How more self-deprecating can the guy be? He's too good to be true.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Geez, Phil makes incredibly hard putts at 16 and 17, then lips out a much shorter and easier putt at 18 that would have forced a playoff at Pebble Beach.

Vaughn Taylor ends up with his first Tour win in 11 years. Holding his child and with his wife right there; she ends up crying on his shoulder. Pretty cool scene.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree. OT. Phil's got plenty of wins. Nice to see the other guy get a win that mattered so much more to him.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that Taylor was going to regret the missed putts on 17 and 18.

Contrary to Nantz's narrative, I think that he's happier that he gets his card for two years and a massive payday over playing the Masters this year.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have never seen a wife bawl that hard.

10. Webster

Amanda Dufner?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I walked into that one.

12. Webster

If you lag it, I'll take the tap in.

Draft saved Draft deleted