1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 College Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 28, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My God, that's terrible.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He was expected to be a first rounder, IIRC.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't know if I'm more horrified by his death or the indifference of the others in the boat.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yeah. When somebody says they need help in the water, don't fuck around.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Lots of blowouts in the early games so far.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Southern Miss hung 11 on South Al in B6, went on to win 14-2. They are playing really well right now.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

God, I hate Clemson's uniforms. They look like they found them in a time capsule from 1978, and not in a good way.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Santa Barbara beats Washington in bullpen buster, getting a walk off in the 1984th. Vandy up next, but storms on the way.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Someone asked early in the thread what they were going to do to create late games? Apparently, the answer was to seed the clouds on the Gulf Coast.
    The first game of the Lafayette Regional started at 6 p.m. local time. Game two is projected to start an hour after that one wraps up, so conservatively figure a 9:30 or 10 p.m. start if it doesn't rain again.
    LSU and Utah Valley, originally scheduled for 2 p.m., is now going to start at 8 and the second game (Rice-SE Louisiana is postponed until tomorrow). Guess LSU enjoyed those late nights at the SEC tournament so much that they're making it a thing. Possums are nocturnal, after all.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Western Carolina jumps on Clemson for a 6-0 lead through 2 1/2 innings. Seth Beer just hit a grand slam for Clemson, Chris Okey made it back-to-back, and the Tigers are now up 10-6. Ten runs and counting in the bottom of the third. Could be in for a fun one there if Western Carolina can stop the bleeding and regroup.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm watching scores. Who is WRST?

Draft saved Draft deleted