1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Basketball Hall of Fame Nominees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't clear. When the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame opened in Knoxville in 1999, Mulkey was part of their second class.

2. Della9250

I think with what Izzo's done to this point, nothing from this point on would change him being a shoo-in.

3. Della9250

The holdover finalists are Bill Fitch, Tm Hardaway, Robert Hughes, Kevin Johnson and Bo Ryan.

I can see Ryan and Hughes getting in with Shaq and Iverson and at least one other, probably Izzo. They put in five last time.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Kevin Johnson's chances aren't good this year? ;)

Hardaway probably falls short for me, personally. Kind of a similar resume to Webber, but not as good - five All-Star games, best MVP finish was fourth, one All-NBA First team (five overall).

5. Della9250

Hall announces the 14 finalsists (10 men's, 4 women's)

Players Allen Iverson, Kevin Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal
    Coaches Charles “Lefty” Driesell, Robert Hughes, Tom Izzo, John McLendon, Bo Ryan and Eddie Sutton
    Referee Darell Garrettson.

Women: coaches Leta Andrews, Muffet McGraw, player Sheryl Swoopes and Wayland Baptist University.

I find it really odd that they only pick three players as finalists, knowing Shaq and Iverson are two, and Kevin Johnson is the third

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Muffet McGraw?

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

800-plus wins, seven final fours, five championship game appearances, one NCAA title.

The only other women's coaches with five title game appearances -- Pat Summitt, Geno Auriemma and Leon Barmore -- are already in.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit about her resume. Her bloody name is Muffet McGraw, that's HOF worthy right there.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Sorry. Thought you were questioning her credentials.

JC likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nah, I wouldn't know the first thing about Women's hoops.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My favorite mashup of all time

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kevin Johnson? Seriously?

Draft saved Draft deleted