1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 American Idol Final Season thread - is anyone gonna watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

did well comparatively in the ratings, but not nearly the monster it once was. Think I read the other day it was doing a third of its old number but still won its slot this season,

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That was a really good finale extravaganza. They did an impressive, kind of a remarkable job of getting so many of all those past and present people to come together for it in one place, at one time, and from all over.

Even Simon Cowell, and William Hung! Really nice touch. :)

That said, the one thing I did wish for, and that I would have suggested, was that they could have given both La'Porsha and Trent the stage for one more song each at the end, just so that, by that time, we hadn't practically forgotten/overlooked why we were all really watching in the first place.

As for Trent Harmon winning, I don't have any problem with it. I wasn't a fan of his, at all, for most of the show, but he really came on strong these last few weeks, and I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that. The momentum translated to people starting to root for him to win, in an underdog kind of way, and they made it happen after last Wednesday night's impressive performances.

This was one season I really wished they could have named co-winners, though. By the end, I thought both were that good, and that deserving and worthy.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

"Pants on the Ground" was all I needed to hear.

4. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I haven't watched it yet, so I doubt I will during its final season.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all the crud Cowell took, he made that show. It was kind of refreshing to hear him give honest assessments of singers and their limited potential.

Draft saved Draft deleted