1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Vivek has thrown down a solid case for worst owner in the NBA. James Dolan is going to have to up his game.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Cousins hasn't ever made being close to home a priority, but he is a Mobile native, so if hometown ties have any appeal this is the best situation he could hope for.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Good lord. That's not a press conference, that's a cry for help.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Vlade's known for his dives, and I'm not talking Greg Louganis. Old habits die hard.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I want to give Vivek the benefit of the doubt, because, well, Sac's not the easiest place, but wow per espn.com:

A front-office source familiar with the Kings' thinking said owner Vivek Ranadive's adoration of Hield was a key driver in the deal. "Vivek thinks Buddy has Steph Curry potential," the source told ESPN's Baxter Holmes.

Hield has Curry potential? Did Vivek even watch the NCAA? Hield is a shooter, that's it. And the NCAA is 19'9"; NBA is 23'9". Vivek was the guy on the draft documentary shouting "STAUSKUS! STAUSKUS!" So wrong.

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Remember, this is the same Vivek who wanted his coach to run a play he saw in his kids' game.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Phil Jackson started with his kids' game too right??? Yeah, I know he was the 4 on 5 guy.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Interesting to see you, of all posters, now mocking that video. Because when we discussed it at the time you were the guy praising it when others here derided it. Also seem to recall you being Vivek's staunch defender here at various other times since.

But, hey, good see you finally coming around to the saner view of that guy.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@Songbird , Garnett would have made the trade 2 days earlier.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I guess I made a mistake then. Good catch. I wasn't thrilled with Stauskus but that they tried something new, crowdfunding the process, but then Vivek overruled it. I don't recall praising the puck.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just checked and I was not praising Viveks choice of Stauskus, I have was fascinated seeing the inside and the new approach. Almost got me.

Draft saved Draft deleted