1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't follow NBA betting, but how often do you see an O/U of 242 like tonight between GS and Houston?

Our telecast just flashed a stat that no team in history had attempted 50 three-pointers in a game before this season. The rockets have done it five times.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the suckitude of the Warriors continues with a win over Houston tonight. How can a team this bad beat Cleveland, OKC and Houston in three straight games?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Imaginary post, yada yada yada. You're on Dick's beat now.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do they have relegation in the NBA? The Warriors might be a candidate.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My God, ESPN with the Westbrook-not-starting-the-All-Star-Game outrage. This is Day 3 of this.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are going to need a vacation soon. Durant and Thompson are going to take a few games off and go to Cabo

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

GS shot 32 for 51 inside the arc. At what point is shooting 2's more effective than 3

I do understand that the more the 3 is defended, the more available the 2 becomes.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, who took over-242?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

(sheepishly raises hand).........
    took both sides.

Oh well.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hoisted up 61 against the Pelicans earlier this year.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watched a quarter and a half or so and my god how the NBA has changed ... complete lack of consciousness when it comes to run 'n' gun and hoist them 3's!

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I know it seems like we are piling on LTL (we are). But you can't just look at the record to determine their success relative to last year.

If I went down to the local high school track on January 21, 2016 and ran a 8:00 mile; then ran a 8:18 mile this year, i can say I have gotten worse.

But in the NBA, the other teams change. Some have gotten better, some worse. My local high school track didn't change at all.

I look at the standings, and GS is 3 games better than the Spurs. I have no interest in looking that up last year at this time, but I would guess it is somewhere around the same distance.

Draft saved Draft deleted